Monday, August 30, 2004
I like to argue this whenever someone claims they can't be
however i'm starting to think this is not true
just a few hints for the men out there:
If a female is constantly talking about her boyfriend (even if he is overseas) its a pretty good indication she has feelings for him and is not interested in you.
If a female sees where the conversation and/or physical interaction is going and moves away or changes the subject its probably because she is not interested.
If the matter has been discussed once and she says she is not interested a first time then more than likely she will not be interested a second time, if she is watch for very obvious signs.
It will avoid the un-necessary and extremely awkward and uncomfortable situation i was in on sat night when a male friend lunged at me. (this is the second time a male friend has attempted to turn a friendship into more since i got back)
From now on i'm staying away from un-attached straight men. It seems that the only relationship they are interested is not a friendship.
Monday, August 23, 2004
Sunday, August 22, 2004
- people who project all their build up anger (over stupid trivial things) onto little ol me just because i answer the phone on behalf of the company on a SUNDAY.
- many of my co-workers (see entry below) at my full time job.
- working 14 days straight (will be a total of 18)
- issues with a friend who has issues
- credit card debt
- a $300 phone bill
- lack of 'proper' career options at present
- sitting in traffic for 1 hour on the way to and from work on weekdays
- i'm still in lurrrve
- shopping on thur night and buying 4 items of clothing (including a coat) for $45 dollars
- HIAV shepherds pie
- droste bittersweet dark chocolate
- with all the work i'm doing i'm bound to get out of my sucky financial situation soon
- a day off on friday
- chance toby will come to melb soon
- beating the odds (everyone else is sick and huge climate change) and not getting sick
Tuesday, August 17, 2004
Her: I hate the Chinese (motioning towards the Japanese athlete)
Me: He's Japanese
H: All the same thing. I hate them all.
H: I'm racist (laughs), no because they bring drugs into this country, and kill our people
M: They kill out people through drugs? (getting confused and more and more outraged)
H: Yeh and with their machetes, you never see anyone else with machetes
Sunday, August 15, 2004
Sunday, August 08, 2004
most hated place in your city?
Chapel street. There is something about all that fakeness, and the cars with lots of work done to them driving up and down (pleaseeeeeeeeee) and the girls who are wearing mini skirts in the middle of melbournes winter, and the men who eyebrows are plucked and waxed more regularly than mine who also look all shiny possibly as a result of their excess hair wax dripping down their face. It all just bugs me just a tiny bit.
Now from here: http://mmadness.blogspot.com/
Here is the beginning of each of the following questions.....'If you had your choice between this and that, what would you do?
1. Skipping or Running skipping
2. Coke or Pepsi Coke (i can't stand pepsi- have a huge problem with the after taste)
3. Rock or Hip Hop Rock, rock, rock and more rock please
4. Laptop or Desktop Desktop
5. Cold Weather or Hot Weather hot weather (perhaps the only one of my friends who feels this way)
6. Swimming or Bicycling swimming
7. Chocolate or Vanilla choc (going from past experience vanilla people are a little dull)
8. Day or Night night by far
9. Looks or Brains brains whats the fun of looks?
10. Cable, DSL, or Dial-Up cable (people would actually prefer dial up????)
Now from here http://www.blogideas.com/
Chores you hate.
I could take the easy way out and say every one. But lets just stick to the worst of the worst.
1. Ironing- particuarly ironing shirts. I refuse to iron another mans shirt (inspired by emmas mum). I would like to say this site the feminist me coming out but really i just hate ironing.
2. Dishes- when someone else has cooked. If i have cooked i can control the mess but with someone else- a complete different type of chore.
3. Hanging the washing out in winter, in summer i don't have a problem.
4. Making the bed. What is the point really? I basically don't unless there is a special occasion.
5. Spring cleaning. I tend to be a collecter of junk so this is a major job for me although i think i am getting much better. Having to pay to ship 40k of stuff back to melb helped a little.
The Daily Grinder
I love blogging because it's like therapy. I can write about anything and everything that happens to me - from the food I ate to what I was doing when I heard the latest 'breaking news'. Being able to communicate with my friends (online and/or real life) through my blog is important to me.
4 calls in 2 and half hours
You are Xuan Wu!
Mythological background: Because the turtle has a
thick, solid shell that serves as protection -
this animal is associated with stability. You
enjoy intellectual pursuits. Also, in Feng Shui (the Chinese myths behind
choosing a house), the black turtle's solidity
is used to protect from cold northern winds.
Which Chinese Mythological Being Are You?
brought to you by
Which Dysfunctional Care Bear Are You?
brought to you by
Approaching two hours and still haven't taken any more calls (yes still standing on three calls).
Give me something to write about or read.
I was thinking something along the lines of a silly-ish blog style quiz.
Its been just over an hour. Taken three calls and one man called twice in a row.
Tomorrow i start my new crappy full time call centre job. Which means this week i will work seven days straight.
Actually i will probably work both jobs for a couple of weeks before quitting the weekend one.
The problem is this job (the weekend one) is with my wonderful friend Marisa (my boss) and most of the time it is just like hanging out together.
As for what the hell i am doing i have basically given up on getting a 'real job' and have decided that my two best options are a) go back to get my masters or Dip Ed or b) return to Hong Kong.
Thursday, August 05, 2004
but lots of interviews for jobs i don't want.
NOW that the complaing is out the way.
On to more important stuff like:
( on this day several months ago i finally got together with Mr Chan after much and i mean much flirting with both of us taking forever to get up the nerve to do something about it). What does CCC stand for- well thats a secret!
Wednesday, August 04, 2004
She has extended my hours from 5 a week to 15-16 hours with possibly some more.
And offered to drive me to work this weekend.
Last week she made me a great sandwhich at work.
Such a great boss.
Such a great friend.
Tuesday, August 03, 2004
Why do i get the feeling that they will make me pay for it then tie everything up with paperwork before reinbursing me?
I'm still waiting for my refund from Cathay (apparently it takes 3 months).
Thankfully i did however get a refund on my two speeding fines yesterday. Looks like it will all be going to my car.