Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm allergic to cold weather

I completely empathise with people with seasonal affective disorder. I don't have it but boy do I feel like shite when it gets cold.

It's been so cold lately and it feels like it wasn't that long ago that it was really hot.

Anyway as a result of the weather and probably some other stuff too I recently had the worst cold in the world, I went through one large box of tissues per day for a week, had a shiny sore nose and a massive headache. It made me miss a fun party and almost made me miss going out another night too.

Anyway, that's now gone but I still feel like crap not because of my health but because of the cold weather I can't get motivated to do anything. Including riding my bike. By the time I get home from work it's too cold and dark to want to hop on it which is the first time for me in a while.

I just want to lay on the couch covered by a blanket and watch arrested development and other dvds and read all the time.

I'll be back soon blogging once I get over the pre winter blues.

In the meantime here's a pic from slightly warmer days at one of the wineries I recently visited in yarra valley.





3 comments:

Theresa said...

I feel your pain. I'm sure it's not as cold up here, but compared to summer, it sucks. I spend most of my free time huddled under a fleece blanket reading. I hate cold.

Anonymous said...

My bike is getting neglected too and I seem to be spending more time as a couch potato. Getting out of my warm bed in the mornings is a struggle.

But the things I enjoy about this weather are more hot soup, casseroles and puddings! And nice coats!

K said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Claire, I like yummy soups too but would trade them in for warm weather if I could.