Sunday, December 18, 2005

Beer painted on the side of a pub in Yarraville.

I have a few rant/issue posts in my head but they will have to stay there for probably another week because things are too frantic at the moment.

Mr T arrived on Tuesday.

I slept a total of 4 hours the night before. His plane was also about 10 minutes late and it took about 40 minutes to get through customs. I swear that 40 minutes was the longest of my life. Yes longer than a boring day at work. My heart was pounding, i felt like i would vomit, i couldn't stand still and each person who walked through the gates i did a little 'is that him? no! ohhhhh'. By the time he arrived i was ready to collapse.

Thankfully i didn't, i did however get sick soon after. The next 48 hours consisted of the worst hayfever ever (which i should mention i rarely get), vomiting, and just feeling completing exhausted.

I can't help but wondering what the psychological connection was. Its like after I went skydiving after you get down from the adrenlin high your body just wants to sleep.

Depsite that though, i am happy, he is happy, we are both very happy. God am i making you sick?

I've since been showing him around, and running the neccessary errands, and unfortunately working.

We did however manage to see Sons and Daughters at the corner on wed night, which was an amazing show.

Working has been hard, i feel a lot like I imagine a mother might feel, slightly guilty, and a little concerned if they can manage on their own. He has been fine though my family has adopted him and he had fun roaming around melb all by himself.

Anyhoo, will be back very soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, I am so happy for you two!

Sour Duck said...

Love the beer picture!

I'm happy for you two.

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling, too! I also know what it's like to be going through customs.... it takes for.e.ver. Am so happy for both of you. Great beer shot!

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling, too! I also know what it's like to be going through customs.... it takes for.e.ver. Am so happy for both of you. Great beer shot!