Monday, April 10, 2006

My new job

I started my new job last week and that's why I haven't been posting as often.

Without saying too much, it's my first paid job in a helping profession and its very grassroots.

So far I love it, it is however challenging in all sorts of ways.

I try to remind myself how lucky I am in general however with this job, I don't need to.

It's made me even more grateful for the following:

friends and family
having a roof over my head
feeling safe within my own living environment
food and access to most services I need (medical etc)
speaking English
having my own transport
no major emotional/psychological issues
no major health problems
no major financial problems
no major family or other relational problems including physical, sexual, emotional and financial abuse
being employed

and so much more!

5 comments:

Sour Duck said...

Kristy - I'm so happy for you! And if the paid work has made you more grateful for your friends and family, so much the better!

Best,

Melinda

Anonymous said...

It's good to have reminders sometimes. Before I had friends here such as yourself, I used to think of all the people like Mrs T who couldn't leave the house and *really* couldn't make new friends. And every time I whinge about my immigration problems, up pops another story in the paper about asylum seekers.

Glad your new job is going well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I work for a non-profit organization helping others. There are 11 people at my organization. I really enjoy the positive impact we have on others.

cristy said...

Congratulations Kristy. I hope that you continue to enjoy your job.

K said...

Thanks everyone!

Melinda, I had to check to see who it was, I thought mabe i had a new fan ;-)