Monday, September 21, 2009

Cranberry sage sausages!!!!!

After I didn't get the chorizo texture right, I was determined to try again. This time I decided to try the cherry sage sausages, I used white beans and almost followed the recipe correctly. I only used half the amount of liquid smoke because 1 teaspoon seemed to be a little high, and only half the amount of garlic and sage. Isa specifically asks that you NOT use sage powder, but I used it anyway since I couldn't find dried rubbing sage in the supermarket. I also used cranberries instead of dried cherries. Texture wise these were awesome, but taste wise the chorizo were definitely tastier. Here they are precooked:


And after we fried them in a tiny bit more liquid smoke:



I will be experimenting with this a bit more.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Nommmy nom nom!

Vaala ◪ said...

Well they certainly look delicious!

Theresa said...

Vegan sausages are so great. These look really yummy.

Miss T said...

ooh, where did you get liquid smoke??
I had some rockin' smoky baba ganoush onthe weekend and want to recreate.

K said...

They really are tasty, thanks!

Miss T, I got it from David Jones food hall in the city but you can also get it from Leos. Although I thought babaganoush normally gets its smokiness from roasting the eggplant.

Anonymous said...

these look amazing!!!! i really want to try them, make them for me!!!!!!!