Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Not burgers- vegan again?

Just a super quick post to ask if anyone knows if not burgers are vegan again?

Here is the ingredients list:

Water, vegetable protein (17%) (wheat gluten, soy protein), wheat flour, vegetable oil (sunola), tapioca flour, flavours (contains soy), rice flour, wheat breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, starch (potato, maize, wheat), yeast, sugar, salt, vegetable gum (guar), minerals (zinc gluconate, ferrous gluconate), yeast extract, preservatives (280, 260), emulsifiers (472e, 480), herbs, spices, flavour enhancer (disodium ribonucleotide), vitamin B12, colour (100).

Contains wheat, soy and sesame.
May contain traces of peanut, egg and milk.

They used to be vegan and I used to love them, but then they added milk or egg to them but it used to be obvious, it looks like the ingredients have changed but I know that one of the additives might be animal derived.

I will email them but if I find out sooner I can munch on them straight away. So please tell me they are vegan :-)

Edited to add: BrisVegan answered my question, they are!

3 comments:

x said...

They're not something I have ever eaten but the list looks fine except for 472e which might be from an animal source

http://www.food-info.net/uk/e/e472.htm

Anonymous said...

480 isn't okay though

Anonymous said...

oh kristy my mistake. 480 is all cool. but disodium ribonucleotide may not be