Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm feeling signifcantly better and it was just in time for my birthday.

Sat night I had dinner and drinks with a group of friends and was able to enjoy myself without worrying about what I was eating too much. I did however avoid alcohol just to be on the safe side. I took along my camera but had so much fun I forgot to take pics. Mr T did take a pic of his entree that we shared at shakahari:



Sun was my birthday and I went out for yum cha with my family, and then caught a fairy from willimastown to southbank. Here are some pics from along the way:

Underneath the westgate bridge

Petrol station on the water





The health scare has brought back some bad memories. Memories of being sick constantly, feeling that I had no life because I couldn't go out with friends or family members, unable to work or study, unable to
do anything but be sick. It's got me thinking about my diet again. I'm going to be more careful in the future. Nothing is more important that your health!

As part of my new pledge to eat better, I made my own cereal out of oats, chopped up dates, cashews, almonds, maple syrup, pumpkin seeds, and coconut. It is by far the best cereal I have ever tasted but I can't take complete credit though since I got the recipe from Garden of Vegan.

3 comments:

Sour Duck said...

Happy birthday! Glad you're feeling better.

Lovely photos, btw.

cristy said...

Happy Birthday Kristy.

The breakfast cereal sounds delicious. Maybe you could post the link?

K said...

no link, since it was from a cookbook: the garden of vegan. One of my fav ones.