Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Enlightened cusine banquet or lots and lots of mock meat

Normally when we go to Enlightened Cusine, we go with a big group of friends and share lots of different dishes but then you only get a couple of bites of each dish. Mr T and I recently went to celebrate my new job or rather secondment. We chose one of the more expensive options on the banquet menu which I think was $32 each, but was worth it for this special occasion.

We had shark fin soup which I suprisngly liked and spring rolls


fried rice, sorry for the pic quality but It was kind of embarrassing taking food pics because my fellow diners kept looking at me when I did


Crispy sweet and sour pork, and mixed vegetables with tofu in a light stock/soy sauce

ma po tofu and spicy kung pow prawns

After all that mock and deep fried food it was nice to end with lychees and soy ice cream.



There was so much food, and it was so good to try a few dishes we had never had before and to have more than a few bites of everything. I liked all of it except for the prawns but I can't get into mock fish. I was slightly dissapointed with the ma po tofu, but I spend a year eating Ma Po Tofu in Hong Kong so I might be a bit picky with it. I always thought that shakahari would be the best first date option for vegans but am now thinking a banquet might be a better option, although maybe you don't want that food baby look you get from eating too much on a first date.

Enlightened Cusine
113 Queensbridge St, Southbank
9686 9188
www

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow, that looks like a great meal. And congrats on the new job!

Miss T said...

You've helped me decide where to go for our very own date night tomorrow! Looks great, and congrats on the secondment - very exciting!

vegan.in.brighton said...

That all looks really delicious, I wish it was in England!