Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nan's choc sauce for ice cream

Both my nan and mum used to make this yummy choc sauce that was only ever served on ice cream, and I asked about it recently and found that it was super easy to veganise.

This is best served on vanilla ice cream. It is gooey and almost fudge like and makes me feel better about eating ice cream in winter.


1 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup soy milk
1 tbsp of cocoa

  • Melt margarine, add sugar and cocoa and stir until sugar starts to dissolve
  • Add soy milk, bring to boil and cook for a minute (be careful here if you cook it for too long it will become too hard like toffee)
  • Take off heat and add vanilla essence
This makes too much for just 2 people, even people who eats lots like us so next time I will half the recipe. I didn't have regular soy milk but had vanilla soy milk so I just used that and left out the vanilla.

Thanks Nan, you rocked!

No comments: