Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spicy Moroccan Pumpkin and Chickpea soup

I was super excited to get my hands on the second Aussie vegan cookbook from Aduki Independent Press- Soup For All Seasons. Every recipe has a colour recipe and the authors Lia Vandersant and Liam Davies are from Las Vegan Bakery which sells yummy vegan muffins, calzones, burgers and soups. I never get to go because it is open tue-fri for lunchtime which is when I am sadly at work but I have eaten many of their yummy muffins and Mr T and everyone else in the vegan community raves about their other dishes.

The first recipe I tried is the Spicy Moroccan pumpkin and chickpea soup which is chocked full of flavour even though I didn't add the fresh mint it asked for. It's nice and chunky, pretty damn healthy and easy to make. What more could a gal ask for? Here's a pic of my ugly version and the more photogenic version in the cookbook.


And it only costs $11.95, you can order a copy here.

------

3 posts in one day! I probably won't post for a week now.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm in love with your bowl! And the soup looks pretty good too.

And thanks for your comment. It's not so bad, I'm just a sook sometimes ;) But I am actually looking forward to a Melbourne trip... I've applied for a grant to go down in December for a conference (and immediately after Melbourne to Auckland for another conference). I'll let you know when I hear about it!

K said...

Theresa, that's great news! I'll start planning a must eat guide for you!